The Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP) was introduced in 1986 as a way for successful business people who intend to live in Quebec, to secure permanent residence in Canada in exchange for making an investment with the Province. Interest generated from these funds is used to support the economy of Quebec by funding programs aimed at supporting small-to-medium sized enterprises, and the integration of new immigrants and visible minorities.
To be eligible for this program, the applicant must :
- have at least 2 years of management experience, earned in the 5 years prior to the submission of the application
- have a legally accumulated net worth of at least CAD$2,000,000
- be over the age of 18, and have completed studies equivalent to secondary education in Quebec,
- demonstrate that he/she can speak French at an intermediate level (B2, Level 7)
- within 120 days of their approval, make a CAD$200,000 contribution to the Government, and a CAD$1,000,000 fully guaranteed five-year investment in a Government bond (financing available)
- receive a three-year work permit and within 2 years of the issuance of that work permit, meet the 12month residency requirement – six months by the principal applicant and another six months by either the principal applicant or spouse
- Canada’s ONLY passive investment immigration program.
- Status in Canada is not conditional on starting or actively managing a business.
- Guaranteed investment, backed by the Quebec Government
- Financing is available for the required investment
- Quick processing: Temporary Status will be granted to allow investors and their families to settle quickly in Quebec
Sherbrooke Street Capital is the leading financial intermediary authorized by the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation, et de l’Intégration to participate in the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program.
Please contact Guy Pilote for more information, and to be introduced to an authorized immigration practitioner who can assist you with your case.